Pago Fruit Juices are a premium and delicious fruit juice made from natural ingredients and sourced from the best producers in the world. They have a high fruit content which explains the intense fruit taste across their 15 different flavours which includes Blackcurrent, Cranberry, Mango, Tomato, Pink Grapefruit and Rhubarb & Pear.
I’m sure you’ll have seen these wee bright green bottles in bar’s and deli’s and they really are worth giving a try. You’ll become a fan.
These juices are lovely on their own, I usually have them at lunch (Cloudy Cherry is my fav but Strawberry and Multivitamin Tropical are close seconds) but they are fabulous as alcoholic mixers (add a few dashes of Strawberry Pago to a glass of Prosecco); use them for your cocktails (add some coconut ice cream to the Pineapple Pago and you have the tastiest Pina Colada) or add them to your smoothies (mix Mango Pago with plain yogurt. Add a dash of lime and garnish with mint).
Now we’ve all heard about wine pairings, beer pairings, tea and coffee pairings but you can also easily pair Pago Fruit Juices with food.
Pago have three juices under the Citrus banner.
- ACE Pago Juice, filled with oranges, lemons and carrots and packed with Vitamins A, C and E and a great vitamin boost during the winter months.
- Orange Pago Juice and contains 100% pure orange with no other added ingredients.
- Pink Grapefruit Pago juice with a touch of guava and a dash of lime is slightly sweeter than other classic grapefuit juices.
Try pairing these Pago juices with eggs or a cheesy herb frittata. Citrus flavours are acidic with a sourness/tartness to them and are best paired with simple, minimum dishes.
There are four Pago juices under the Berry banner.
- Blackcurrent Pago Juice has 27% blackcurrent nectar.
- Cloudy Cherry has the scent of traditional cherries and their rich almond marzipan aroma.
- Cranberry juice is distinctive and delightfully balanced.
- Strawberry Pago Juice has a 40% fruit content and they only use the sweetest and ripest berries.
Juice from berries is both bright and sweet and are perfect when wanting to create light Summer tastes. Any of these juices would work well with big green leafy salads with added ingredients such as parma ham, feta cheese, quinoa or couscous. Or as the Pago Juice website suggests : a classic food pairing Cranberry and Roast Duck. Recipe here
There are three Pago Juices under the Apple banner.
- Cloudy Apple is 100% pure apple juice and contains Vitamin C.
- Pear Pago Juice is like drinking liquid pear with a beautiful aroma.
- Rhubard and Pear Juice is the latest flavour from Pago and is a harmonious blend of rhubarb and pear, fragrant and sweet.
Apple flavours have a taste that is both sweet and crisp and when eaten with a seafood dish like Coconut Shrimp would certainly enhance the flavours of both dish and juice. Or as the Pago Juice website suggests : a classic food pairing Cloudy Apple, Bangers and Mash. Recipe here
There are four juices under the Tropical banner.
- Mango Pago Juice is loaded with Vitamin C and made with exotic sun-drenched mangoes.
- Multivitamin Tropical is the indulgent tropical cocktail with 9 vitamins and Provitamin A.
- Peach Pago Juice is silky and velvety.
- Pineapple Pago Juice is a lovely balance between sweet and sour.
These flavours are unique, exciting and refreshing. They have a complexity that pairs well sweet or spicy dishes. Pair it with a spicy curry, or chilli. Or as the Pago Juice website suggests : a classic food pairing Pineapple and Gammon Steak. Recipe here.
That leaves the Tomato Pago Juice made with 100% tomotoes. Best on its own or make the most amazing Bloody Mary with it.
THE PAGO BLOODY MARY COCKTAIL (find the video and other cocktail ideas on the Pago Juice website www.pagofruitjuice.co.uk/pago-ideas/cocktails/
- Yellow pepper
- Ketel One Vodka
- Pago Tomato Juice
- Amentillado Sherry
- lemon Juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Celery Salt
- Black Pepper
- Celery Stick
- Muddle the pepper in the base of the shaker
- Pour 2 shots of Vodka into the shaker
- Pour in 3 shots of Pago Tomato juice
- Pour in 1/2 shot of sherry
- Pour in 1/2 shot of lemon juice
- Pour in 1/4 shot of sugar syrup
- 2 pinches of celery salt
- 3 grinds of black pepper
- 10 drops of Tobasco sauce
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Roll the shaker 20 times
- Fill a glass with ice
- Strain the drink into the glass
- Dust with ground pepper
- Garnish with celery
I’d like to thank Pago Juice for sending me some of their juices to try out.